Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Daily Keemo. 7.14. The Two Devils




Two Original Keemo Paintings - Two Devils

Click



Well, it was time for a change. I am one of those people who genuinely believes that change is good. That isn't to say there isn't value in tradition or patterns but embracing change will lead to much more than the comfort that you get from the predictability of doing the same things over and over and over. From experience, I can guess exactly what a brush will do when I cover it in orange and move it across the paper. You do something enough and you just know. This is what lead me to the new linocuts series. I just needed something new. Carving the linolium blocks for these prints was something I had not done in years (15 maybe?) and it was nice to not really know what the outcome was going to be and it was just fine to be satisfied with whatever the outcome was because during the process it IS ALWAYS about the process and never about the product and the value in that process is never translated into the value of the finished piece and like usual I guess I am starting to write about more than just painting and the creative process but also about our days and nights and the time we have to move around this place and we all have the choice to stick with what we know or try a new path. Here is to trying the new path... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: