Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Keemo. 7.27. What Is Important Depends On What Side Of The Window You Are On




What Is Important Depends On What Side Of The Window You Are On

Click



The city was still moving on the other side of the 11th floor window. It was late but everyone knows the city slows down differently than everything else. The bottle of beer I picked up in the hotel store was sweating and forming a ring of water on the glass desktop and in between brush strokes I was daydreaming about things and I couldn't help but feel rather insignifcant looking out at the thousands of other windows in the other tall buildings in view. It's these moments that I think of all the people doing important work with important people and making important decisions and I look down at the insignificant white paper and there is an insignificant spot of red paint that dripped on it and I drink from my insignificant beer and look back to the window and think about how the red spot on my paper could be connected to everything that is going on outside of the window and I dip my brush into the water and smear the red dot around until the red dot is now a pinkish smear and I go to work on the portrait of me thinking about all these things while the city moves on without me... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: