Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Daily Keemo. 7.7. All In A Days Hustle




All In A Days Hustle

Click



We sat at the stop light at the intersection. (This is the same intersection that I wrote about in the preacher painting.) It was a Saturday afternoon. Our windows were down and this young guy approached our car and asked for the time and we told him and then he quickly went into this line about being a local college student and he needed to make class but his car ran out of gas so he needed money for a gallon of gas and on and on and he rattled if off so smoothly I would have given him some money if I was carrying some but I wasn't. He thanked us and walked away. Forward two days later and I am heading through there on Monday morning 8:00 AM and I am three cars back in line and I see the same guy running to my car. He points to wrist through the window and mouths the words, "what time is it?" I can't believe it, so I roll the window down and tell him, "8:05". He then slips into the same exact line he gave me on Saturday and it is no wonder he is so good at it, he is well rehearsed. I let him finish his sales job on me and since I still don't have any cash on me I ask. "What class are you late for?" "Math," he responds. "Math?" I ask. "Math." he says. "Well, sorry, I don't have any money," I say and he walks away. (I didn't know they simply taught "Math" at college.) You know. If I had had some cash on me I would have given it to him anyway, even though I knew he was hustling and was just trying to earn some money. As I was daydreaming on the rest of the way to work, I couldn't help but think that our jobs were not that different... With that here is his portrait... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: