Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Daily Keemo 10.08 - Kindness



I Guess I Have The Rain To Thank

Click


It was raining hard when I pulled into the Post Office parking lot. As I quickly pulled the door handle to get out the guy next to me was doing the same thing. Our doors nearly collided. He waved me on, "You go ahead!" he shouted. I quickly got out and ran into the post office to get out of the rain. Inside there was a long line. I was standing there at the end of the line with my packages when I felt this huge presence behind me. It was the guy who let me know out of the car. "Why don't you go ahead of me. You let me out of the car." I stepped aside and gestured for him to move in front of me. "Naaahhhhh. There needs to be more kindness in the world," he said, peering down at me. He was soaking wet. I don't think he ran to get inside like I did. The line was long, so we kept talking. We talked about the economy and politics and we joked a bit and laughed a bit and he was really a genuine and kind person and I couldn't help but think that under different circumstances we would have probably never started talking. I guess I have the rain to thank. Finally, after about 15 mintues, it was my turn. We shook hands and wished each other luck and I went to open counter. As I waited for the woman to figure my postage to Mexico, I turned and saw him a ways down the counter. I turned a little further and looked at the long line behind me. Not one of those people where talking to each other. I guess I have the rain to thank... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: