Monday, March 16, 2009

Daily Keemo. 3.16. The King


The King
Click

The King is the 4th in a 4 painting series that are going to be coming out in the next month or so. I was recently contacted by a German company about producing a "collectors" series of postcards that will be distributed through their 7,500 locations around Germany and in conjunction with the German postal service. Attached to the initial email was some of my past work that they would like to use for the series. I didn't want to just send off the hi-res scans of past work to be used for the cards. I wanted to create new pieces that could be used to represent where things are now. So, I thought it would be best to paint an updated version of the pieces they were requesting. So, with that in mind, here is the original painting for another of the upcoming cards. This particular painting is inspired by a series of King/Queen paintings from 2007. As one collector said to me, "Why get the print when you can get the original?" Good point. Anyway, thats it for this one...Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: