Monday, March 2, 2009

Daily Keemo. 3.2. Upcoming Collectors Cards, Germany



Lost In Crash. Saved by Hamburg.

Click

This is another one that is less about the content and more about the context. I was recently contacted by a German company about producing a "collectors" series of cards/postcards that will be distributed through their 7,500 locations around Germany and in conjunction with the German postal service. Attached to the initial email was some of my past work that they thought would be good examples of what to use for the series. I didn't want to just send off the hi-res scans of past work to be used for the cards. I wanted to create new pieces that could be used to represent where things are now. So, I thought it would be best to paint an updated version of the pieces they were requesting. So, with that in mind, here is the original painting for another of the upcoming cards. This particular painting is inspired by a painting from 2007. (I lost all the info about the 2007 painting in a computer crash.) As one collector said to me, "Why get the print when you can get the original?" Good point. Anyway, thats it for this one...Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: