Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daily Keemo. 3.5. Kennedy. 1964.



I Remember Where I Was When...

Click

Somewhere along the way I picked up a newspaper from Iowa, dated September 28, 1964. The entire front section is devoted to the story of "the" Asssination. Paging through the paper, I found this copy of the Kennedy autopsy report. It reads, "Cause of Death: Gunshot wound, head.". I believe the Zapruder film had told the nation that already. This does lead me in a wierd way, to a converation we were having tonight. There are only a handful of events throughout our history where we can use the phrase, "I remember where I was when..." For example, I remember where I was on September 11. I remember where I was when the space shuttle blew up. (I was laying on the floor in the basement. The floor was carpeted with rainbow colored shag.) The Kennedy Assassination was another of those events for many people. (I am not one of those people as I was not born yet). In more recent events, I have already heard people say that about where they were when Obama got elected. (I was on the couch and it was late on election night). The conversation went on, "Do you remember where you were the first time when you told mom you loved her?" I thought to myself. I remembered exactly where it was, who was there, what music was playing, what time of day, the temperature. I remembered it all like it was this morning. The I answered... " I remember where I was when the first time I told her I loved her. We were at..." and I went on with the story and as I looked over at her it seemed like time has never passed...Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: