Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Daily Keemo. 1.28. 100 Paintings


100 Paintings #2
Click

I like artwork that creates itself. When the story of the piece actually IS the piece. Now at first glance, some of you may look at this and think, "oh this piece is not very original, that is very pollockesque." I think you might be wrong and let me explain. Since I usually work small, I tend to run off the paper all the time. So, I always work on top of a heavy thick paper surface. (this way I don't get paint all over my desk, table, counter, etc...) This surface travels around with me so I can paint in hotel rooms and airplanes. Well this is that surface that has been used for the last 100 Keemo paintings. So, when I look at this piece I think of the last 100 pieces of artwork and I think of all the hours and days that have gone into this and all the people that have those 100 paintings and how they are spread all around the world from Norway to the UK to Romania to Hong Kong to the USA to Canada to Switzerland and I like to think that whoever has this piece has a little bit of every one of those paintings... Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: