Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Daily Keemo 12.24 - Sized Perfectly



Sized And Measured Perfectly

Click

Behind me the entire wall is painted with a diamond pattern that is sized and measured perfectly so the pattern of diamonds fit perfectly within the space. Only one wall in the studio is painted this way. Each diamond is about 18 inches tall to give you an idea of the size. I didn't paint the diamonds. She did. I could not paint something so perfect. She can. Her stuff is perfect. Always. Im not using the word "perfect" with any hint of a derogatory tone. She doesn't strive for perfection, everything just seems to end up that way. When I sit here at the desk and look at these lines and colors and scribbles and ink and acrylic and words I can see these big perfect diamonds out of the corner of my eye I am in awe because she can do it all in one piece of work where I keep doing another and another and another and never quite getting there. I guess that sums us up her and I. Her lines and shapes are perfect and my lines and shapes don't strive to be. They are both there and have thier value and need each other to reinforce what makes each one unique. With that... Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: