Monday, December 1, 2008

Daily Keemo 12.01 - Whiskey



It Was His Drink And I Was Thinking Of Him

Click

I decided I would mix up a highball tonight because that was his drink and I was thinking of him. I remember he would come visit us in the summer when I was a boy and he would sit out in the sun in a folding chair in the center of the backyard with his shirt off drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon and the top of his head would be beet red with sun burn but he didn't care. He was peaceful out there and he would ask me to fetch him a tomato from the garden that he planted out back and he would eat it just like an apple and then he would ask me to grab another beer for him and he would let me take the first sip of the beer and then laugh as I made a sour face and shook my head side to side and said it tasted gross but secretly I loved it. I loved all of it; his visits, the sun, the garden, the back yard, taking sips of his cold beer in the summer heat, the tomatoes, the way he could sit quietly out there and seem just fine with that. So, with that, here is to him and to us and those hours in the summer when life was simple and it consisted of just us two... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: