Thursday, May 15, 2008

Daily Keemo 05.15


Together They Coexist And Inspire
Click

One wall in my "studio" has large diamonds shapes painted on it. A perfect diamond pattern. Floor to ceiling. Wall to wall. Well, it really is more of an office (with paints and markers and paper and brushes and canvases and magazines and books) than it is a studio. Anyway, the diamonds. I didn't paint the diamonds. She did. She measured it perfectly so that the height and width of all the diamonds fill the wall in a perfect repeating diamond pattern. She is much better at that than I am. (Im envious of her abilities) Every day I sit at my desk right below the perfectly painted diamond wall and I am pretty sure I hear it laughing as it looks down at these paintings getting churned out day after day. Her work is always perfect. (Did I say that I am envious?) and well... you know my work... It is a little more flexible when it comes to staying within the lines. Everyday when I sit down and look up at that wall I am amazed and inspired. With that, Im sure that our relationship is summed up quite easily within this story. Her lines are clean and straight, my lines are sloppy and organic and together they coexist and inspire...Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: