Friday, May 9, 2008

Daily Keemo 05.09



It's All Please And Thank Yous And Shiney And Correct
Click


When I was preparing work for an Erotica show about 6 months ago I collected alot of imagery to use and also for inspiration. (Some of you may remember a few pieces that never ended up making it to the show.) Anyway, I had a bunch of old advertisements from the 50's that I thought were just great on their own. (Erotic or Not). Well, this is one of those. It is from 1957 and is for a now-defunct women's clothing store. Going through these old magazines and scraps, I can't help but think that the 50's ideal had to have been pretty hard to live up to. It all appears so prim and clean and proper and please and thank you's and shiney and correct and on and on and on. You know, I guess the same thing could be said about paging through a 2008 fashion magazine. That ideal is pretty hard to live up to as well. Well, anyway, here is to having your own ideal (and not one created by marketing people) and trying to live up that one instead...Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: