Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daily Keemo 05.06



I'm Talking Your Old School Rollie Fingers Kind Of Mustache
Click

I have always enjoyed old photographs. The older the better. You know the saying, "They just don't make things like they used to"... well, I think "they just don't take pictures like the used to". I have always loved photography in general. I still miss the dark room that I had set up in the basement of my parents house when I was in high school. I remember listening to Robert Johnson while making prints under the red light. Ahhh, no matter how you look at it, Photoshop has nothing on the old darkroom. There are many things that I like about old photos... the tones, the history, the seriousness and stillness, the memories, the clothing, the faces that you swear you recognize for some reason and one other little thing: The Mustache. I'm not talking about your everyday Tom Selleck brand of mustache. I'm talking your old school Rollie Fingers kind of mustache. The vintage kind that only certain people can pull off. Those old photos are filled with them. So, with that I've decided that I am going to start a little reoccuring theme of "great mustaches that I have found in old photos". I'm not sure where this will lead but here is the first in many... Enjoy! (Good fun!)



www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: