Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daily Keemo 04.22

Music Store in Hamburg #2




Last summer we went to visit some friends in the Netherlands and Germany. They are all professional musicians. Not the garage band kind of musicians but like real playing-music-for -a-living kind of musicians. One performs with a big "broadway" type show in Amsterdam. Anyway, we were taking the train into Hamburg and had to make a pit stop at a music shop in downtown Hamburg so she could pick up a new mouthpiece (?) for one of her trumpets. As they were talking about music in German I was grabbing all kinds of flyers and magazines and sticking them into my bag. (I was probably not representing Americans very well but at least I wasn't asking where the nearest McDonalds was.) After we left, my friend told me that the music store owner asked why I wanted all the different flyers. "I explained you were a painter," she said. The store owner replied, "what do those have to do with painting?" We laughed. Well, here is to the music store owner in Hamburg who wondered what these had to do with painting...Enjoy!




Subscribe to the Keemo Feed


www.KeemoGallery.com

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: