Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daily Keemo 04.17

Never Record Your First Attempt At Writing A Love Song.
(Click Picture)




Play guitar in 7 days or your money back. I was 15 when I got my first guitar. Actually, it was a bass guitar. Like most 15 year olds, I am pretty sure that by day number two, I was a full fledged rockstar. I think I learned an easy bass line from the Boys Don't Cry album after 10 hours locked in my room. My finger tips blistered and throbbing. I think I even adopted a bit of a swagger. After that I couldn't watch a music video without picturing myself on stage standing in with my bass. That is, until I finally met someone who could actually play the instrument. After listening to that guy at the guitar shop the reality hit. I really was just a pimply 15 year old who couldnt drive and it took 10 hours to find those 4 notes on the neck of that bass and mom yelled through the door to keep it down and I was only going to make it onto 120 minutes in my dreams... That was one of the best realizations I have ever had...Enjoy!

(Oh by the way, the other thing I learned around this time is NEVER record your first attempt at writing a love song. It will haunt you. Cheers!)






Subscribe to the Keemo Feed


www.KeemoGallery.com

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: