Monday, September 29, 2008

Daily Keemo 09.29 - WWKD



What Saying Of Our Saviour Does This Picture Illustrate? 1870.


Click

I don't ever say this about my work (especially out loud) but I am going to say it now. I like this painting. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bragging or self inflating my ego or saying that this is a phenominal piece of artwork that is going to go down in the art history books next to the all time greats. Nothing like that. I'm simply saying that somewhere in this picture is something that speaks directly to me. Actually, isn't that what we all look for in artwork? We might even say that it is technically the job of artwork. I think it is the lines or maybe the fact that the paper is 138 years old or the fact that the content is completely religious and there is irony somewhere in here or that the 138 year old message is the same exact message that is preached now and is probably the same message that was from the beginning and somewhere from then to now a whole other world has opened up and ideas and lines and color and people all continue to move forward while if you look right below the neck, underneath it all, is the same old question... What Saying Of Our Saviour Does This Picture Illustrate? I guess that is my answer. With that... Enjoy!



www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

1 comment:

Hayley Cafarella said...

I don't think it's arrogant to like your own work! I agree, that's kinda the point, if you look at it and it moves you and stirs up whatever inspired it then that's a successful piece of art. If someone else looks and gets it too....well, that's just a bonus :)