Saturday, September 20, 2008

Daily Keemo 09.20 - Kentucky




It's Better Aged In Bourbon Barrels

Click

We were in Kentucky. We were a local BBQ restaurant. (Always try local stuff when travelling.) I have been to Kentucky maybe 5 times. I wasn't sure how I felt about Kentucky. The times that I have been there before last week, I never really made an attempt to talk with people. Back in the old days, I used to think life was easier if you just went through it and kept to yourself. (There was also some stupid idea about being a misunderstood painter/writer too.) As I got older I learned that this was really just a philisophical way that I dealt with whatever insecurities that I had. I also learned that this is not an easier way to go through life. (Actually, Im convinced now it is much more difficult.) Our waiter, came over and reminded me of how I used to be. "What can I get you?" he said. "Well, Ive never eaten in this restaurant in my life, so what do you recommend? What do you like on the menu?" I ask. He tells me. "Then that is what I will have" From then on we all talked a bit everytime he came to the table. By the time we left, everyone was smiling and as we walked out the door he says, "Anytime y'all come back to Kentucky, y'all come on back here!" "We will!" we all said. We all walked to car, really full of Kentuck BBQ and Kentucky Bourbon Beer and corn bread and grits and black eyes peas and cole slaw and french fries and more Kentucky Bourbon Beer. Well, here is his portrait and to him and the Bourbon Beer and always trying to see strangers as more than... well...strangers... Enjoy!



www.KeemoGallery.com

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: