Saturday, August 16, 2008

Daily Keemo 08.16 - Trust Me




There Are Not Many Times When Starting From The Beginning Sounds Like The First Course Of Action

Click

I was sitting on the runway waiting for the plane to take off. I hadn't put my headphones on yet. I was tired and it was early and I was ready to get home. I turned the air up a bit and pointed it at my face. I looked out the window at the people loading our bags. I thought for a second that I was glad that I didnt do that for a living. I was ready to get home. I looked around at people getting situated, fussing over coats and bags and books and newspapers and voices blended together with the air blowing on my face and the plane rocked a bit as people moved about and I slipped into daydream staring out at everyone in the plane. I was tired and ready to be home. I closed my eyes and listened and daydreamed and was half asleep and for some reason I tuned into the conversation that was going on in the seats behind me. It was the tone of her voice when she said, "Well, that means we will have to start from the beginning." that got my attention. Her tone made me sad and there are not many times when I think that having to start from the beginning sounds like the first course of action. It is usually the last. There was a long pause and another voice replied, "I know that it will. We will be OK. You can trust me." There was a long silence and I slipped back into daydream again and the air blew in my face and I was tired and was ready to be home...Enjoy!

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: