Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Daily Keemo. 3.9. The Seats Are Filled With Names



The Seats Are Filled With Names
Click to view details

Every person
In this waiting room
looks doomed.

The expressions on the faces
read like Kafka and
I can't help but feel like
all of us sitting here are the butt
of some surreal joke.

The nurse calls names and
thier seat is filled with new names
who will be called later and
I wait for my name and
an old woman sits next to me and
she doesn't seem so doomed
like the others.

"Beautiful day," she says to me as she sits down.
"Yes, it is," I say.
She hums to herself with a slight smile on her face.

The nurse comes through the door and I hear my name.
"That's me," I say as I get up. "Have a good day," I say to the lady.
"I already am," she said. "Thank you."

...Enjoy!

Visit KeemoGallery.com
Follow On TwitterFollow On Twitter

No comments: