Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daily Keemo. 3.18. Things You Learn From A Broken Nose



Things You Learn From A Broken Nose
Click to view details

It was the day that I learned to drive a stick. The high school was rather empty because it was after detention and Toby and I were walking down the long hallway that led to parking lot by the gymnasium and the pool. We were laughing and joking around and being general idiots and we were walking behind two other people (a boyfriend and girlfriend) who were also leaving after detention. The boy apparently thought we were laughing at them and without warning turned around and slugged Toby directly in the nose and the blood poured from his face and his nose was busted up like a big, rotten, squished strawberry and his eyes were quickly swelling shut. We weren't fighters. (Plus, you know better than to fight people that are prone to do irratic things like punching people in the face for no reason. It's something you learn young.) By the time we knew what happened the puncher and his girl were gone and I helped Toby to his car and the blood kept pouring from his face and he sat down in the passenger side and put the seat back. "You drive," he said and handed me the keys. "OK," I said. "You can drive a stick, right?" he asked. "I'm about to learn," I said. "Yes, you are," he said.

I put the key in the ignition. "Push your left on the left pedal and turn the key..." he said.

I looked over at his bloody face, pushed down with my left foot and turned the key. Blood dripped down onto his shirt.

...Enjoy!

Visit KeemoGallery.com
Follow On TwitterFollow On Twitter

No comments: