Monday, January 11, 2010

Daily Keemo. 01.11. Portrait Of A Man Calling From Detroit




Portrait Of A Man Calling From Detroit
Click



He drove up from down South and he had made it Detroit and was at a mall buying a Red Wings jersey. That is when he called.
"Hello," I answer. (I didn't recognize the number)
"Hey Man, what size jersey do you wear?" He says.
"What?" I say.
"Jerseys, man. What size? It's Jack!" he says loudly.
"Umm, I don't know, I don't wear jerseys," I reply. There was a long silence.
"Hey man, I'm coming to see you tomorrow! I need a couch for a little while I get on my feet. Maybe a month. Two, tops! Now, what size jersey do you wear? I want to buy you a jersey."
"I don't wear jerseys," I say.
"Everyone wears jerseys!..." While he went on talking, I replayed the all the things that had happened in the past and all those things added up to the reason we hadn't seen each other in 10 years and as he talked at me on the phone, I knew I couldn't do it because I knew he was running from something because he was always running from something. I hated to say it but I did.
"I'm sorry Jack, I can't do that." I said.
There was a slight pause and then I could no longer hear the mall crowd in the background as the phone went silent.


Visit KeemoGallery.comFollow On Twitter

No comments: