Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Daily Keemo. 9.1. It Was Intentional And Necessary And It Wasn't Just The Paints That Needed A Rest.




It Was Intentional And Necessary And It Wasn't Just The Paints That Needed A Rest

Click



I have been away from the brush and keyboard for 4 days. It was intentional and necessary and it wasn't just the paints that needed a rest. You have to step away sometimes to get close. I now sit here in front of my familiar keys, sipping on a bottle of Bitburger and to my right is an old copy of The Stanger that I found while going through some things last week. It is the exact copy that I first read when I was 15 years old and it is one of the few things that I own from that part of my life that seems so far away now. Somehow, this all ties back into this portrait and drawing a line to it is not so direct and it makes me think of the path that this copy of The Stanger has been on and followed me over the last twenty years and drawing a line there is not so direct either but somehow it all leads back to this desk and this moment and this painting... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: