Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Daily Keemo. 9.9. Never Lift A Brush And Move Paint




Never Lift A Brush And Move Paint

Click



Some of the best artists I know never lift a brush and move paints or use a camera or spin clay or know color theory but they do other things like engineering, historian, school teacher, prison guard, handyman and I could keep going on because they are all real people and are all sincere people who are nothing but themselves and give themselves to their craft and at the end of the day are the kind of people that you can sit across the table from and raise your glass to because you know their art is real art and that the friendship and kindness that goes with it can never be put down on canvas and that is why there are these words, I suppose, because my portraits never say what I mean but only pay homage to them and this portrait is the historian who sent me this book called Julian's Interest Book, printed in 1888, because he thought I would appreciate it or maybe use it before it got sent off to the eternal recycle bin of history and forgotten forever and with that a reminder that the art is almost always about how you get to the end of the painting and not where the painting ends up. With that,...Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: