Friday, April 24, 2009

Daily Keemo. 4.24. A Little Of Both, I Suppose.




A Little Of Both, I Suppose.

Click



I am sure we all have this happen at some point. You meet a person who reminds you of yourself at one point in your life. This happens to us all doesn't it? (or is it just me?) This particular kid was the 15 year old me. The 15 year old me that hid behind a lock of hair that fell in front of my eyes. The 15 year old me that thought he knew more than he really did and couldn't make sense of the half the he did know. The 15 year old me that looked for confidence at the bottom of a bottle of something and started smoking and found solice in an old typewriter and cheap watercolors and when the lights were off he stared at the ceiling and had questions that would not get answered until many years later. The 15 year old me that dated a girl who said she'd kill herself if I left. I didn't leave for 2 years. It was the 15 year old me that that was standing in front of me and standing there I knew a portrait was in order. As I look at this painting though, I'm not sure of who the portrait is really of. A little of both, I suppose. It always is a little of both, isn't it?... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: