Friday, December 4, 2009

Daily Keemo. 12.4. I Just Knew That Is What You Did




I Just Knew That Is What You Did

Click



I remember being small and looking up. Standing there in the rows of wooden church pews, surrounded by adults and everyone was singing and looking straight forward. Everyone took their singing very seriously. I would look foward too but my eyes only made it as far as the back of the person standing in front of me. I remember the songs clearly to this day. I would follow along in the book and watch the notes move along with the music on the paper. I remember the smell of my father's cologne. He only wore it on Sundays. There was no reason for him to wear it the rest of the week when he went to work at the factory. The other days he smelled of dirt and metal and cigarettes. On Sundays, as he sang, he smelled only of cologne and cigarettes. When the songs would end everyone would sit down and my feet barely hung off the wooden pew but I could see what everyone was looking forward at but I could never really figure out why. I just knew that was what you did and that is what we all did and we did that year after year and until eventually there was no more of the songs and the pew and stink of cologne and cigarettes and it is all much different now except I never stopped looking up and I am still wondering why there is still the need to take this all so serious...Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: