Monday, May 18, 2009

Daily Keemo. 5.18. We Are Like This, You And I




We Are Like This, You And I

Click



I was out in the garage a couple weeks ago, working some other projects. As I was working I got sidetracked by the scrap wood pile near the table saw. There was this piece that was right on top of the pile that looked perfect from across the garage. I went over and picked it up and flipped it around. At first glance, I decided against it. There was some scuff marks on it, it was a little dirty and one of the edges wasn't perfectly square and a little tattered. As I looked it over though, I couldn't help but think of just about everyone I know, in this piece of wood. I mean, we all have our tattered edges and our scuff marks and somehow that makes us all more of an individual and more human. I changed my mind. This piece was perfect. I took it inside to the desk and started painting. Scuffmarks, not perfectly square, a little tattered and all. I'm pretty sure that I am not just writing about the wood anymore... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: