Thursday, May 7, 2009

by Keemo. 5.7. Keemo Was Here.




Keemo Was Here

Click



A few years ago I (and my art) was reviewed by someone who said that my artwork was just "abstract graffiti" because I incorporated a lot of old materials and bits of old magazines or books that were on their way to the trash. It was definitely intended to be a derogatory statement about my artwork. Long story short, after reading it, I went through some old papers, found something, painted "Keemo Was Here" and mailed it to him. Inspiration is all around us if you just look... Well, that was the start of the Keemo Was Here graffiti pieces. Over the years I have done hundreds of these in many different forms and they have ended up all over the world and in many different locations. This is my reminder to always turn someone elses negativity into something postive. Create something where others feel the need to dismantle. Well, with that, Keemo Was Here... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: