Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daily Keemo 11.18 - Loss



Too Sterile For Moments Like These

Click

I was 25 when he died. He died laying there in bed while all of us sat around looking at him. The sound fell out of the air and the air fell out of the room. It seems silly but I knew it was now time to buy my first suit. I remember the light in the room was very white and bright and cold and I thought to myself that it was too sterile in there for a moment like this. I suppose when you have moments like this there are no right ways for them to happen. They happen. And that is how it works. My mother sat on the bed next to him. All five of us kids were scattered around the room. I remember my sister had her arm around me. We sat quietly and all looked at him for a long time. I learned a lot about him in those quiet moments right then.


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: