Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daily Keemo. 8.19. My Crazy Water Has Vodka In It




My Crazy Water Has Vodka In It

Click



When I found this post card from 1930's I had no idea that is was a real place. So, I did a little reseach and here is what I found:The majestic Crazy Hotel built in 1927 is the site of the third well dug in Mineral Wells in 1881, which coined the phrase Crazy Water. When the well was completed, many people came to drink from it. Among the crowd was a woman who suffered from some type of mental disorder. The local children called her the "Crazy Lady". The legend says that after the woman drank the water for a period of time, she was cured. Thus the name Crazy Water and the Crazy Well. The Crazy Well grew into the Crazy Water Pavilion and in 1927, Carr Collins build the Crazy Hotel at a cost of $1,000,000. The Crazy Hotel contains over 200 guest rooms, a spacious lobby and incorporates the Crazy Water Pavilion. The top floor of the Hotel has a glass enclosed ballroom which opens onto a rooftop garden. What more can you say? You can't make up a better story than that... Enjoy!


www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: