Friday, June 12, 2009

Daily Keemo. 6.12. I Aint What I Used To Be.




I Aint What I Used To Be
Click



 When I was looking at music selections for a painting and I read the lyrics to this old childrens song, I knew it was perfect for tonight, for this painting. To be honest I don't know how the melody to this one goes. I suppose I could google it and find out how it sounds but for some reason that doesn't seem relevant to where my mind is at right now. Maybe it's the recent birthday or another case of self-doubt that has come around like it does every few months and makes me think that I should leave the painting for those who are truly masters of thier craft or maybe it is just late and I am tired and I know I need to keep working away because somewhere in here is a dream and I don't want to end up like that group of people that has given up their dream because there was always something more pressing and I guess that I could ramble on and on and on about this but when I pause a second and reread these lyrics, I am pretty sure that at this moment, these words say it best:

The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be
The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Many long years ago.

With that...Enjoy!
 

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: