Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Daily Keemo 06.25




How Not To Draw A Person With One Breast.
(or) Dust Off Your Heart, Youre Not The Only One Here. 1938.

I got an email recently that asked why alot of my pictures have a person with one breast. I wasn't sure what she was referring to so I responded, "I'm not sure what you are referring to? Do you mean the heart?"... "Oooooooooh, that is a heart!" came the reply. Yes, that is a heart. Most of us have one and I like to think that most of us try to use it when we make some of our decisions. Alot more of us wear it on our sleeve than we think and if you look hard enough you can see it bubbling underneath most people when you are talking to them. I like to keep thinking that most of us strive to have a good one. I know I forget about it, in there beating away, and these little paintings and stories remind me to bring it out and dust it off. I was asked in an interview last year year what my work is about. I wish I wasn't so nervous or I would have said something like..." it is about reminding us all to bring out our hearts and dust them off a bit and maybe even share them with someone nearby." Well, with all that said, I'm off to draw a person with one breast!...Enjoy!

Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: