Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Keemo. 02.23. At The Bottom Of The White Box



At The Bottom Of The White Box
Click to view details


I have spent the entire day alone. (I recommend that everyone do this once in a while.) It is now 10:21 PM and my only contact with another human has been at the Chinese take-out and the lady who gave me the finger because she thought it was her turn at the 4-way stop. "Why yes, I would love a fortune cookie," I said to the girl behind the counter. She threw one in and I returned to the quiet house to eat my food. I didn't even bother to take it out of the little white box and took a seat at the desk and there was a Thelonious Monk Pandora channel on and as I ate I had lonely conversations with myself in which I am fairly certain that I solved all the worlds problems and was certain that only good was going to come from that moment forward. "My fortune cookie will be the test," I thought to myself. I grabbed the cookie and broke it open and flipped the fortune over to read, "Made In The USA". What the hell is that? Made In The USA? That is no fortune.That was it, no words of wisdom, just that. I couldn't help feeling a bit midlead by the words "Fortune Cookie" on the wrapper. I threw the fortune on the desk, picked up the brush and went to the conversations with myself.


 


Visit KeemoGallery.com
Follow On TwitterFollow On Twitter

1 comment:

amarinvi said...

I really like your drawings! Very good!