Monday, February 2, 2009

Daily Keemo. 2.2. Greener Grass.


The Grass Is Fine And So Is My Can Opener
Click

"Learn how to fix electrical appliances from home," says this 1957 advertisement. Seems like a great future indeed. For only $2.50 they will send you what you need to get started in a future in electrical appliance repair. (is it me or does the phrase "electrical appliance" seem odd?) There is an actually a line in this ad from 1957 that reads, "Every wired home has an average of 8 appliances." It is hard to think of a home not even being "wired." (I must be showing my age I suppose) Anyway, when I ran across this ad while thumbing through an old magazine I picked up from an antique store, I couldn't help but be reminded of how so many of just want a little more than what we got or want to do a little something different that what we are doing. Is the grass always greener on the other side? I'm not sure. However, what I do know is that if you spend so much time looking at everyone elses grass, you forget how green your own really is... With that... Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: