Monday, February 16, 2009

Daily Keemo. 2.16. Money.


That Will Be $1.20.
Click

I knew when I woke up this morning it was going to be a rocky day. It doesn't help when you are up until 2:00 AM the night before and the alarm comes less than 5 hours later and you drag yourself through the first part of your day on auto-pilot because you have been doing it for more years than you have fingers. Its a cycle I go through... late, early, late, early, late, early until eventually it just hangs over you one day and you can't shake it. That is usually when the self-doubt about all these hours and the priorities kick in and you wish you would do better by everyone in your life and you pour another cup of coffee to propel you forward and just when you've had it you find yourself on the highway on the way home. It was that state of mind I was in when I approached the counter at the gas station. I put my beverage on the counter. "How are you?" I asked the girl behind the counter. "Great. What a beautiful day, huh?," she said motioning to the outside where the warm temperatures where quickly melting the large piles of snow. I thought for a second. "Yeah, I guess your right." I was just agreeing to be agreeable. "That will $1.20" she said. I gave her my money and walked back to the car and it felt good to not be wearing a coat and feel the warmth on my face. I put the car in drive and headed towards home. I put the window down a bit in the car to let in the air. This was the first time in months. I thought of the two of them at home and couldn't help but think that lady at the gas station was right. It was a beautiful day... With that, here is her portrait...Enjoy!

www.KeemoGallery.com
Stay Updated! Get the Keemo Newsletter

No comments: