Thursday, January 24, 2008

Daily Keemo 01.24


I Arrived At This Point After A Few Different Things Happened.
(9 original, individual, illustrations. Not copies.)

(Click Picture)


I arrived at this point after a few different things happened. 1.) I have received a number of emails over the past year from people who have purchased my paintings with the intention of giving them away as a gifts but then after they got it they decided on keeping it for themselves. (I received another one of those emails this past week.) "Can you make another?" I have heard. 2.) I have been experimenting with the idea of trying to produce mulitple editions of original artwork without resorting to prints. (All originals, no copies). 3.) Lastly, I have really liked how the illustrations on the paint samples have been turning out. So, lets put all three of those things together and try something new here. This is what I came up with: 9 original, individual, unique, illustrations of the same portrait. On one hand, you can keep one for yourself and give the other 8 away or you can keep all 9 for yourself. (A friend said they would just matte and frame all 9 together as they are shown here.) Well, I guess I have gone on long enough. I am sure you can come up with even a better idea! So, with all that said... Enjoy!

No comments: