Monday, October 15, 2007

My Big Fat Greek Keemo

Everyone who met Grandpa Joe liked him. You couldnt help it. He had a great sense of humor. Great Laugh. When I was 8 he let take a sip off his Pabst Blue Ribbon while mom wasnt looking. He would stay with us in the summer and tend to the garden. I would fetch him a tomato and he would eat it like an apple. I went to the hospital right after he was admitted. He had needles and tubes in him. They didnt think he would make it through the night. I walked in the room and with his hand that was resting the bed, he made the thumbs up sign. "Take A Seat," he said. I smiled, he tried to laugh. I think he made it about a week after that. I bought my first suit when he died. I never had a real legitimate reason to wear one before that. Here is to Grandpa Joe. ...Enjoy!

Featured Painting: Grandpa Joe.
(Click Picture)

No comments: