Saturday, November 13, 2010

Daily Keemo. 11.13. The Actress In The Movie Collecting Dust



The Actress In The Movie Collecting Dust
Click To View Details

I have been watching a lot of old movies recently. Films from the 30's, 40's, 50's and I guess I'll even thrown those from the 60's in there as well. (well, at least the early 60's). When I watch these old films I have a completely different experience than watching, say, a film like Inception (or insert any modern blockbuster here). There is something more honest in the old films. I don't mean that they are any more truthful as much as it feels like there isn't as much distance between you and the actors. There are not layers of digital audio blown at you and even more layers of software that modified what you are looking at. For example, Dracula (1931) doesn't really have any soundtrack to speak of, which leads to long moments of silence. Anyway, I don't know what I am really driving at other than, I love the movies and I love the old movies and here is a small homage to the old movies. Now go and rent one and see what all the new movies are missing! ... Enjoy!


Follow On Twitter
Follow On Facebook
Visit KeemoGallery.com

No comments: