Thursday, October 7, 2010

Daily Keemo. 10.7. The Altered Money Series #2



The Altered Money Series #2
Click To View Details

This is the second painting in the Altered Money series. I know the name of the series is not very profound but that is on purpose. For once, I feel like there is a statement in these but that statement has nothing to do with what I think about them. All of the money in this series is no longer in circulation by the country that it was distributed by. It is safe to say that if it is no longer in circulation, something has happened in that country to cause great enough change that this particular bill had to be removed from circulation. This 10 Won bill issued by the North Korean government is a perfect example. I suppose I could go into the whole part about money and what it means or doesn't mean and what is it's true value but all that stuff is different to each of us and each of us can make up what we want about the defacing of money. (Not to mention, wouldn't you rather look at a Keemo on your bills that some dictator or dead president?) Yeah, me too.

... Enjoy!

Follow On Twitter
Follow On Facebook
Visit KeemoGallery.com

No comments: