Friday, May 7, 2010

Daily Keemo. 5.7. Not Ripe For This Kind Of Conversation



Not Ripe For This Kind Of Conversation
Click To View Details

I was mingling like you do at these kind of events and he told me that I don't charge enough for my art and that if I wanted people to take me seriously I really needed to up the price and then the real collectors will come knocking.

I took a drink to give me a minute to think how to respond and while I swallowed it I thought this whole thing seemed silly. I then decided I wasn't going to bite on that and just kind of shrugged it off. The night was not ripe for this kind of conversation.

"Do you paint?" I asked.
"I used to," he replied. "I stopped when the kids were born and I had to get a real job."
"Oh. That's too bad," I said.
"Maybe one day I will pick it up again," he said.
"You should." I replied.

I excused myself and went outside and when the door closed behind me it was only myself and a beautiful night in a Michigan city and I sipped the rest of my drink alone on the patio and I thought about how all of us sacrifice something for some reason and I just hope that when we all get to the end of this mess that it was all worth it.

... Enjoy!

Follow On FacebookVisit KeemoGallery.com
Follow On Twitter

No comments: