Monday, August 8, 2011

Daily Keemo. 8.8.11. Everything Else Was Covered In Dust

Everything Else Was Covered In Dust

Click to view more details

This was her music. She took piano lessons as a young girl. She told me that the long, pasty white fingers of the old woman teacher scared her as she would point to notes on the page in front of them. She told me how she smelled like powder on the bench next to her and her makeup caked a bit in the wrinkles in her face. She told me that over the piano where big wooden utensils that were carved out of wood and they were covered in a layer of dust and that everything else was covered in dust. She told me the piano teachers husband had died long before her piano lessons and you could tell that other than teaching the kids she was very alone. I picture her as a little girl in the late seventies sitting on the piano bench and soaking all this in and filing it away as her teacher wrote "Good" on the top of the page or the "1 & 2 & 1 & 2 &" under the notes. I see her in her childhood handwriting, "Circle all of the F#" and then it scribbled out and makes feel like I am there and we are all there somehow because I know we all have some memory that isnt too far from this one. (maybe just replace the piano lessons for something else) Either way, as she discovered this old book from her childhood and she gave it to me asking, "is this something you can use?" "I would be honored," I said.... So, with that...Enjoy!


Visit KeemoGallery.com

No comments: