Thursday, April 22, 2010

Daily Keemo. 4.22. The Things You Learn In The Middle Of A Lake



The Things You Learn In The Middle Of A Lake
Click to view details

I remember long days in the little aluminum boat with him and it semed he could sit all day and his beer was in a can and now that I am older I appreciate his ability to be happy there in the little boat, under the sun, with his beer and the long long moments of silence as the water hit the side of the boat while we waited for the fish to find our worms.

That was when I learned that it really isn't about about catching anything. It is about all the other stuff. The quiet, the air, the people you are with and the words you exchange.

I suppose that can be said for just about everything that we do.

The last time I went to the lake, I poured some of my beer into the water from the end of the dock when no one was looking. I don't remember if I caught anything or not but that's OK. I do remember him and that is what matters..


...Enjoy!

Visit KeemoGallery.com
Follow On TwitterFollow On Twitter

No comments: